V85TT at McCrumm's

This forum is for news and information regarding the Northern Ireland branch and it's events
Steve Waller
MGCGB Member

V85TT at McCrumm's

Post by Steve Waller » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:52 am

I took a V85 for a spin on Saturday from our new Northern Ireland dealer, McCrumm's in Portadown, and was very impressed. Stepping off my Stelvio the V85 felt familiar straight away, but noticably less top heavy and a bit smaller (lower seat than Stelvio), but still nice and roomy. Very comfortable riding position and seat felt good. The steering is a little slow, but can be turned well with a shove in the wide bars, and the suspension was very good at soaking up the bumps - wonder if it would have lighter steering with cast wheels rather than the heavy spoked ones fitted for the look. Handling felt very good and the bike was very easy to ride. The V85 does not have the kick of the 1200 but it is certainly not slow, a scoots up to illegal speeds pretty quickly - certainly didn't feel lacking in power. Nice and smooth, but has the Guzzi feel to it. Still not sure about these new colour flat screen displays, but speedo easy to read. No tacho that I could see, but has bands of yellow (and red) lights along the top of the dash that light up as you get closer to the red line. Didn't play with the rider modes or cruise control, but switch gear is nice and seems of a high quality. I love the look of the thing with the red frame and white and yellow paint work. Fit and finish seem very good. Brakes are excellent, look to be the same Brembos as on the Stelvio. Think this bike could really liven up Moto Guzzi sales, although it has quite a bit of competition at £11,000.

Return to “Northern Ireland Branch”