Branch Meeting Reminder - Tuesday 5th November 7pm

This forum is for news and information regarding the East Yorkshirebranch and it's events.
Horton916
MGCGB Member

Branch Meeting Reminder - Tuesday 5th November 7pm

Post by Horton916 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:13 am

Dear Guzzisti

I hope that you are fit and well and not too depressed at the change to dark evenings, autumnal weather an political shenanigans.
There is a branch meeting scheduled for next Tuesday, 5th November 7pm, so if you are not setting off your rockets or playing with your sparklers, get down to the Black Swan in Wetwang for a chat and a pint.
I am still working down in London, so still not able to make the meetings. I don't have a steer on attendance so cannot gauge whether this has had any effect. I miss the interaction with you all.
I am usually at home Mondays but away Tuesday to Thursday which mucks up the social life somewhat.
If anyone would like to take over as Branch rep I will happily stand aside otherwise, I may look at a change of day and a relaunch in the new year. Any ideas on which Monday is best and venue are welcome. Wetwang is fairly central for both counties, but I am open to suggestions.

I am heading over to Milan next Friday for the bike show so will be getting all the latest Guzzi news for Gambalunga, hopefully making the next issue if Roger can fit it in.

Bests regards

Ciao

Chris
Back on a Breva! ... Also Triumph Tiger Sport and Ducati 900 Monster

Samz101
MGCGB Member

Re: Branch Meeting Reminder - Tuesday 5th November 7pm

Post by Samz101 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:44 pm

Any reason it has to be a week night? How about a weekend, possibly get a bigger turn out? Members might have more “free” time Friday night or anytime Saturday/Sunday. Me for one, I work late shifts during the week.
Not trying to change things just to suit me, hopefully others will have their say, just curious as to why Tuesday night was chosen?
Can’t comment on the venue as I’ve never been in the Black Swan, but have passed through Wetwang a plenty.

Horton916
MGCGB Member

Re: Branch Meeting Reminder - Tuesday 5th November 7pm

Post by Horton916 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback

I did a survey a few years back and Tuesday was favourite. It has been fairly successful.

Perhaps a weekend may be option.

I am in a bit of a quandary as I no longer have a Guzzi but like the club and meeting with the guys in the area. I have kept the branch going for quite a few years now. But I now work away a lot. So home time is precious.
Back on a Breva! ... Also Triumph Tiger Sport and Ducati 900 Monster

Return to “East and North Yorkshire Branch”