SOUTH WALES BRANCH JANUARY MEET...

Powys Paul

SOUTH WALES BRANCH JANUARY MEET...

Post by Powys Paul » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:35 pm

Well,blow me down and cover me in semi-synthetic oil-There were at least 9 of us at the Steel Horse here yesterday.Some wizard bikes too.Anthony and Annette's red wonder beast.Circa '75 apart from the L.E.D. headlamp,clocks and other bits n bobs.Otherwise, a perfect and almost Guzzi Mark1 Cali?!!!!Other unusual sights were Robin from Newport and his SP1 outfit-Moody and mean(The bike...)Martin's trail bike had many admirers too.Kirsty turned up on her ACF 5O coated Black V7 with Caesar as pillion.He didn't look nervous at all.Impressive as he normally rides a B.M.W.(But totally understood the Guzzi vibe as he owned one in California!)Ken on his Beverly.He and i cracked up as Dai turned up on a pedal bike dressed in hi viz clothes and helmet!It turned out, to our shame,that he was completing a sponsored Dementia research charity ride that would make my trip to Scarborough look like a trip to the local garage...Well done Dai.
The 12c temperature helped as the cafe was quite busy for this time of year.Or, was because the Steel Horse is in the M.C.N. top 10 bikers cafes competition?Cast your votes now!
Altogether,an enjoyable 3 hours of catching up,talking biker and stuff as well as having some tasty food and hot drinks.Can't fault it!
Come along next month and enjoy the ride.The approach roads are good from all sides-whether it be the back country roads or the dual carriageway...

Return to “South Wales Branch”