ESSEX BRANCH CAMPING WEEKEND ?

All you need to know about the Essex branch and its events.
Evie

ESSEX BRANCH CAMPING WEEKEND ?

Post by Evie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi, its been mentioned a few times that we should do a camping weekend for the Branch so I thought I'd start the discussion off.

I think the Star at Steeple near Southminster in Essex would be a good choice of venue - its not too far away for all of us but is nonetheless a nice ride out. It's a good biker friendly pub that serves real ales, food and has a good camping field with gents and ladies toilets, shower block and washing up facilities at £8.00 per tent per night. They also have four double en suite B&B rooms at £60 per room per night for those that want to come along but don't fancy camping.

The pub is dog friendly and they are allowed in the bar (but not the restaurant part) and you can have them stay in the B&B rooms at £10 extra per night. There's no extra charge for the dog to camp with you.

I'd suggest we just aim to make it for one Saturday night event initially, have dinner in the pub and a few drinks on Saturday night and prebook a breakfast in the pub for Sunday morning so we don't have to worry about catering etc. We can see how just one night works out for us and maybe if its a great success arrange another for the whole weekend.

The website for the pub if you want to check it out is www.thestarinnsteeple.co.uk/ and of course its our Branch meeting venue in February so you can all review it then too.

I'd suggest a date in June on the basis that July and August are otherwise busy holiday times and something is likely to clash. I know there is a Guzzi Treffen rally in Holland on the weekend of 21st June and our branch meeting is on 23rd June so I'm avoiding those dates so my suggestion for a date would be Saturday 15th June.

So, here are all the details to get us started - anyone interested in such an event or any comments? Love Evie

Chris950s
MGCGB Member

Re: ESSEX BRANCH CAMPING WEEKEND ?

Post by Chris950s » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:43 pm

Hello Evie, great call! We had a 70's themed camping birthday party there a few years ago. Good spot, the date is penciled in my diary :D
Chris and Karen - Essex
2011 Stelvio NTX, 1974 950S (750S replica still in bits), 1966 Triumph T100SS 50 years young last year!

cyclobutch
MGCGB Member

Post by cyclobutch » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:57 pm

That's an exciting development - hoping I can make that.
1980 V50 II........................1981 T3.......................1973 Eldo Loop
- 'The Black Pearl'.............- 'Blue'...............................- 'Jug'

various others.

buzz
MGCGB Member

Post by buzz » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:58 am

That sounds like a good call, I think a Friday & Saturday nights would be preferable. Lots of people won't make the effort for one night, cheers evie thanks,
Essex' scout, :evil:

delboy
MGCGB Member

Post by delboy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:31 pm

Sounds very good venue will have a chance to look at it next month well done Evie. Do agree with Mick don’t think many will venture here for single night😀

Evie

Post by Evie » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:44 pm

Thanks everyone, I'm happy to offer a Friday and Saturday night camping weekend if that's the preference - those that can't make both can join us for one or the other then.

We can firm up dates and details once we've been there in February for the branch meeting - I'll confirm final arrangements shortly after the February meeting so everyone can book either a pitch or a room. Since my first post, the pub has now said that they can offer breakfast to those in the rooms but not to the campers unfortunately - I'm sure we can sort out some tea and coffee and rustle up some bacon and egg sannies between us though xx.

Lots of love, Evie x

Chris950s
MGCGB Member

Post by Chris950s » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:24 pm

I think 2 nights is a good call, it caters for people who only want to stay for one (either one) and those who would prefer two. Any Ideas for competitions and games?

If you are planning a concourse competition I will have to start polishing now! Furthest traveled? Oldest bike? Dirtiest bike? Most ridiculous tool kit? Fancy dress? Worst jokes? (no competition eh Perky?) :D
Chris and Karen - Essex
2011 Stelvio NTX, 1974 950S (750S replica still in bits), 1966 Triumph T100SS 50 years young last year!

cyclobutch
MGCGB Member

Post by cyclobutch » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Conversely I'm a one night stand kind of guy - unable to sustain any great deal of attention for anything longer.

Games? I could bring my guitar and you could all throw rocks at me. More seriously, is there a dart board?
1980 V50 II........................1981 T3.......................1973 Eldo Loop
- 'The Black Pearl'.............- 'Blue'...............................- 'Jug'

various others.

buzz
MGCGB Member

Post by buzz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Darts yes let's have human dart boards ' rocks are so'yesterday.

Chris950s
MGCGB Member

Post by Chris950s » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:11 pm

I wasn't suggesting violent games. Butch if you take your guitar I will take my kazoo :D
Chris and Karen - Essex

buzz
MGCGB Member

Post by buzz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:26 pm

And I'll bring me maracas ' :lol:

Return to “Essex Branch”