Branch Meeting Reminder - Tuesday 5th June 7pm

This forum is for news and information regarding the East Yorkshirebranch and it's events.
Horton916
MGCGB Member

Branch Meeting Reminder - Tuesday 5th June 7pm

Postby Horton916 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:32 am

Dear Guzzisti

I hope that you are all well and have been enjoying the recent warm weather. It has been a busy month for me. I have been over to Lake Como in Italy for a holiday. I visited the Guzzi factory of course and had a wander around the museum. I have been a couple of times before but they are always adding new bikes.

It is interesting that Moto Guzzi have had so many different designs. Singles, parallel twins and triples and of course the V8 and most recently V twins.

I also visited the local Dealer Agostinis. They are quite exited about the proposed new V85, which we should see in the showrooms in early 2019. I bought a Copy of the Italian bike magazine Motocyclismo and they had a 5 page article about the V85 development, which was very interesting. If difficult to read using my very rudimentary Italian. :?

I have also been to the Italian day at East Kirby in Lincs run alongside the Tanks and Lancs event. So lots of nice militaria, re enactments and air displays from the memorial flight. I also attended the Italian Car and Motorcycle festival at Newby Hall, Ripon. Lots of lovely cars an bikes on show and it was nice to see some of you guys there too.

There is a branch meeting at Wetwang tomorrow night. The forecast looks good so I hope to see a few bikes outside the Black Swan. I might be on one of the red bikes as I have started investigations into the noisy drive train on the Breva.

See you tomorrow

Ciao

Chris
Back on a Breva! ... Also Triumph Tiger Sport and Ducati 900 Monster

RedDogMag

Re: Branch Meeting Reminder - Tuesday 5th June 7pm

Postby RedDogMag » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:32 am

Hello Chris, long time no see! It's Magnus (used to have the Tenni green Griso 1200).

I'm back with a Guzzi and I've re-joined the club. Still got my Aprilia Caponord 1200 and various old trials bikes but I now have a V7 Anniversario too.
Always fancied the V7 but thought it would be under powered and no fun - how wrong was I? It's a hoot.
Anyway, it's in for its first service today at Thirsk so I will come back over the hills and get to Wetwang tonight.

I presume from your note that you've no longer got the Stelvio?

See you later
Magnus

Horton916
MGCGB Member

Re: Branch Meeting Reminder - Tuesday 5th June 7pm

Postby Horton916 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:03 am

Hi Magnus

Its good to hear from you. The Stelvio went long ago, I have just bought a Breva 750 and we have a Triumph and 3 Ducatis in the stable too.

It will be good to catch up

Hopefully I will see you tonight

Chris
Back on a Breva! ... Also Triumph Tiger Sport and Ducati 900 Monster

Return to “East and North Yorkshire Branch”