mid kent meets

This forum is for news and information regarding the Kent Branch and its events.
mikehutt

mid kent meets

Post by mikehutt » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:09 pm

Started a new group for pre 2000 bikes with an Italian flavour as nothing seems to happen here ! anyone intereste

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... torcyclesd ?
T3 Cali
V50 mk2
LM MK2 ( Mk1 ised)

Chris950s
MGCGB Member

Re: mid kent meets

Post by Chris950s » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:39 am

Why pre 2000 bikes? There are a lot of decent and interesting Italian bikes that have been built in the past 18 years and there are a lot of decent and interesting folk who ride them. I think you are missing a trick and excluding a lot of people from a very small group already. I have two pre 2000 bikes but I generally ride a 2011 Stelvio. It is reliable, comfortable and carries myself and my wife over long distances, but not apparently to your exclusive group in Kent. I wish you good luck but I won't be joining you.
Chris and Karen - Essex
2011 Stelvio NTX, 1974 950S (750S replica still in bits), 1966 Triumph T100SS 50 years young last year!

driptray
MGCGB Member

Post by driptray » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:19 am

Maybe the cut off date is to deter the PCP brigade , with their brand new must have fashion accessory bikes .

Brian.Dillamore
MGCGB Member

Post by Brian.Dillamore » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Sorry don't do facebook, will continue to try and get over to Essex do's when I can

mikehutt

Post by mikehutt » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:35 pm

Just a question of common interest . I am sure there are lovely reliant robin drivers out there but not my interest . I prefer older machines before computers took over . ! If you want a more inclusive group try the BMF .
i am also sure some yamaha riders are nice too but they dont join the guzzi owners club as it is not their thing ! ( unless they have a secret guzzi in the closet )
T3 Cali
V50 mk2
LM MK2 ( Mk1 ised)

Chris950s
MGCGB Member

Post by Chris950s » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Mike I think you are missing my point. I was not talking about Reliant Robins or Yamahas, but Guzzis, I have a 1974 Guzzi which I am rebuilding, when it is finished I might chose to visit your group, or I may not. Currently I ride a 2011 Stelvio that would exclude me from your meetings so I would not come and see you.

There is a very small number of Italian bikes in the country, and less than half of them are pre 2000, a tiny percentage of those are in Kent or the surrounding counties so your pool is very, very small. The Kent branch of the MGCGB has stopped meeting due to lack of interest and they were open to Guzzi owners of bikes of any age. I think you will struggle if you continue to exclude over half of your potential attendees.

I am not asking you to like newer bikes, nor am I asking you to ride one, but as an owner of an old Guzzi you have put me off joining your meetings by being exclusive and not inclusive, as in my opinion, I think you should be.

Apart from that, I wish you good luck with your endeavour, and I hope you prove me wrong.

P.S. Baldrick currently rides a BMW but he is always welcome at Essex branch meetings, whatever make or age of bike he rides. I would welcome discussions with him. He is your nearest and by far the best Guzzi mechanic.
Chris and Karen - Essex
2011 Stelvio NTX, 1974 950S (750S replica still in bits), 1966 Triumph T100SS 50 years young last year!

guzzibrat
MGCGB Member

Post by guzzibrat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Chris950s wrote:Mike I think you are missing my point. I was not talking about Reliant Robins or Yamahas, but Guzzis, I have a 1974 Guzzi which I am rebuilding, when it is finished I might chose to visit your group, or I may not. Currently I ride a 2011 Stelvio that would exclude me from your meetings so I would not come and see you.

There is a very small number of Italian bikes in the country, and less than half of them are pre 2000, a tiny percentage of those are in Kent or the surrounding counties so your pool is very, very small. The Kent branch of the MGCGB has stopped meeting due to lack of interest and they were open to Guzzi owners of bikes of any age. I think you will struggle if you continue to exclude over half of your potential attendees.

I am not asking you to like newer bikes, nor am I asking you to ride one, but as an owner of an old Guzzi you have put me off joining your meetings by being exclusive and not inclusive, as in my opinion, I think you should be.

Apart from that, I wish you good luck with your endeavour, and I hope you prove me wrong.

P.S. Baldrick currently rides a BMW but he is always welcome at Essex branch meetings, whatever make or age of bike he rides. I would welcome discussions with him. He is your nearest and by far the best Guzzi mechanic.
+1 The Staffordsire Branch meetings welcome "Moto Guzzi owners and enthusiasts" and it's a broad church of people and vehicles. Doesn't detract from the Guzzi community and does increase club membership, rally attendance and reputation as a friendly and welcoming club.
Each to his own of course.
All the best
Steve

gus35
Admin Group

Post by gus35 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:39 am

+2 Own a Yamaha plus 2 Guzzi's :D
V35 Imola, V65GT, Yamaha XSR700
Nige - Web Officer

cyclobutch
MGCGB Member

Post by cyclobutch » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Interesting idea.

Out in the Essex badlands we place no stipulation on age or even type of bike, nor do we check for current up to date club membership. Most months we enjoy a good sized gathering of good people. The right crowd and no crowding.
1980 V50 II........................1981 T3.......................1973 Eldo Loop
- 'The Black Pearl'.............- 'Blue'...............................- 'Jug'

various others.

Chris950s
MGCGB Member

Post by Chris950s » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:01 pm

Mike, did you have any luck with this?
Chris and Karen - Essex

mikehutt

Post by mikehutt » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:49 pm

Got so busy i sort of let it slide , i would like to get some sort of group going mid-kent as there is not a lot round . my main interest is italian and pre 2000 i have guzzi,ducati and a laverda also a couple of japs . and the Kent branch never seems to do anything . Maybe as it warms up i will get all enthusiastic again !
T3 Cali
V50 mk2
LM MK2 ( Mk1 ised)

Brian.Dillamore
MGCGB Member

Post by Brian.Dillamore » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:49 am

I am hoping to get over to Essex this month for their meeting only Colchester direction.

Return to “Kent Branch”