Branch Meetings (or any meetings!)

This forum is for news and information regarding the Kent Branch and its events.
blackeagles
MGCGB Member

Branch Meetings (or any meetings!)

Postby blackeagles » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:49 am

OK, I'm new but I think I already know the answer to the question - Does the Branch meet up for a chat/drink, weekly/monthly/yearly/funerals etc?

Anyway, I can not be impossible to get something going even if it/they are more local to members locations rather than in a central location which maybe could be used once a quarter for everybody to meet.

Of course, it is always possible that members are busy with work or are on shift work etc or maybe there are not many members in Kent at all so it makes it difficult to arrange even a local pub/café get together, so…back to the question at the top.

Lastly, on the subject of location, is there any value in having a map of members ? (I’m going to assume not as you all know where each other live) but one of my previous clubs had this:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=30908 ... GBR&add=1#

Chris950s
MGCGB Member

Re: Branch Meetings (or any meetings!)

Postby Chris950s » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi Blackeagles, there is a map of the branches here https://www.motoguzziclub.co.uk/branches I'm not too sure how up to date it is these days, I used to update it until I resigned as branch Coordinator. The map and contacts in Gambalunga are probably more accurate these days. Most branches meet once a month, the Mole Valley tribe every fortnight and some seem to be in stasis.

There used to be a rescue register where you could offer members anything from tea and a chat, through mechanical help to a bed for the night. I am not sure that this register exists anymore now the monster that is Data protection has reared it's ugly head.

As to personal information only the committee and branch leaders used to have access to it and then the branch leaders only for the area that was covered by that branch. Again I am not sure how data protection has had it's way with that set up.

If you want more information try contacting the current branch coordinator, contact details in Gambalunga.
Chris and Karen - Essex
2011 Stelvio NTX, 1974 950S (750S replica still in bits), 1966 Triumph T100SS 50 years young last year!

Mike H
MGCGB Member

Postby Mike H » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:02 pm

Each branch tends to have its own arrangements, so what he said.

:D
"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

blackeagles
MGCGB Member

Postby blackeagles » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:27 am

thank for the info.

What I was suggesting was that rather than meeting in one central place like either Smeeth or the Gliding club which, it seems, few if any attend then maybe if there are 'pockets' of kent members close to each other then perhaps some 'local' meetings could be arranged (unofficially). As an example, I live in Orpington(ish) so if there are members in say sevenoaks/dartford/Westeram then they could meet 'locally' and say those in Canterburry/Margate/Etc meet 'locally' over there and so on and perhaps all meet in Smeeth once a month/quarter etc.

I'm only suggesting this on the assumption there are pockets of members close to each other in the hope it will restart things generally.

Chris950s
MGCGB Member

Postby Chris950s » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:21 am

You can post it on here or write to the editor of Gambalunga (a very nice man) and get your idea published in there, or both, and see what response you get. In weather like this you would think you would get a few interested folk, but we are now in holiday time so maybe some members will have other commitments. I wish you the best of luck.

In Essex we meet at a different place each month, so it could be close or a decent ride for all. You are very welcome to come up and join us. Next month we are meeting in the north of the county but in September we will be meeting in Margaretting Tye that is a little nearer you, see here http://diltondesign.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8211&sid=10e48131082c10bf19ffdde328acef64
Chris and Karen - Essex
2011 Stelvio NTX, 1974 950S (750S replica still in bits), 1966 Triumph T100SS 50 years young last year!

blackeagles
MGCGB Member

Postby blackeagles » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:19 pm

That diverse a set of meetings must be interesting to arrange!!

Chris950s
MGCGB Member

Postby Chris950s » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:10 pm

It is now done by committee :D
Chris and Karen - Essex

blackeagles
MGCGB Member

Postby blackeagles » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:26 pm

A fatal mistake!

Chris950s
MGCGB Member

Postby Chris950s » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:44 pm

You say that, but from my position it is fantastic. I used to pick the venues, advertise them on here and in Gambalunga, update the Essex meetings map (and the national Branches map, but that is another story) lead the runs out to the meetings, my wife Karen used to bake the cakes, I would take photos and post them on here with a write up of the meeting and submit the same to Gambalunga for branch news. Print tee shirts and badges, run the raffle at meetings and try and get around to everyone there to have a chat. Apart from that I was the national branch coordinator and holding down my (self employed) job.

I now only update the Essex map and put a post on here once each month to advertise the next meeting (I still have my job though, I have still not got around to sacking myself) Everything else is carried out by a great team of Essex ladies and gentlemen who attend most of the branch meetings (well more often than I do these days) I see nothing but a great consensus of like minds and in no way a fatal mistake. You should come up and join us sometime. We are in Stansted next month that might be a bit far for you at 36 miles from the Dartford crossing, but in September we are meeting in Margaretting Tye that is only 20 miles from the tunnel, you will be made most welcome. :D
Chris and Karen - Essex

blackeagles
MGCGB Member

Postby blackeagles » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:52 pm

thanks again.

your list of meetings and the useful (to me at least) map is impressive, i have made a note of the last few meetings - remembering them is another matter at my fast advancing age - but i will attempt to make at least one even if its going to be one of your next year ones :o .

likewise maybe the mole valley meetings

Chris950s
MGCGB Member

Postby Chris950s » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:00 pm

I am sure you will be made most welcome at both branches. Essex branch meet on the third Sunday of the month and Mole Valley are every other Tuesday of the month, the next being 18th.

I look forward to meeting you soon

Best wishes Chris
Chris and Karen - Essex

driptray
MGCGB Member

Postby driptray » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:26 am

Whats happened to Kent Shaun , and Rosso Andy ? Kent branch regulars .

blackeagles
MGCGB Member

Postby blackeagles » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:36 pm

it would seem that the branch meetings etc are as a monty python parrot sketch!!

Return to “Kent Branch”